Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Best Parts about Being a Farm Kid by Cliffy Ransom







One of the best parts about being a farm kid is catching chickens. They go lots of weird places and we have to chase after them. We jump over things and run down hills. Then we grab them by their legs and put them back in the chicken coop. It's fun to chase them all around and jump over stuff.

Another good part about being a farm kid is riding in the delivery truck with Daddy. Sometimes Larry is sick and I get to ride with Daddy when we take the milk to stores. I do the part where I carry the clipboard and crates that aren't all the way full. It's fun because I get to listen to the iPod and talk to Daddy and to see what's in the back of the stores.

Another good thing about being a farm kid is climbing on the machinery. You can see in the tops of stuff. I like to climb on the grinder-mixer because it has lots of things to climb on and the corn picker. I drew a picture of me climbing on the corn picker. The triangles are the things that the corn goes into when the picker pulls them off the ground. Daddy says they're called snoots.

I also like going to the barn to milk with my Mama or Daddy. I like to go to the creamery to get chocolate milk and to throw down hay and to turn the grain auger on to fill the grain bin. I don't like it that my brothers don't help much, but Mama says they'll help more when they're bigger.

So you can see, it's fun to be a farm kid.

No comments: